- Little G bagged the team’s first MABRA Champion jersey. He won the 2011 MABRA Cyclocross boys’ 10-14 year old championship. The announcement’s a little late, but the jersey was only delivered a few weeks ago. Here’s to the first of many! Chapeau, kid.
- Pierce Schmerge joins Mike Kingery at the next level of racing in the region after a string of podiums landed him enough points for a cat 2 upgrade. Among the podiums was a win at BikeJam/Kelly Cup in Baltimore. Pierce’s form is nothing short of remarkable and he’s sure to make waves at the elite level soon.
- Mary Tyson is keeping things in check at the top of the Novice Women’s bar standings with 110 points, good for second place as of the last update. With wins at Bunny Hop and Poolesville, she’s only 19 points down on the leader, so the rest of the year should be a ton of fun to watch.
- Speaking of winners, James Studebaker’s got his racing figured out. Fresh off his upgrade to cat 3, James proved he’s got what it takes by winning the Air Force Cycling Classic Crystal Cup and the Tour of Washington County criterium. At this rate, he’ll be in and out of the category before anybody realizes what happened.
- The Reston Town Center Grad Prix Criterium happens this Sunday, 24 June. Come check out the show and watch The Bike Lane team throw down in the women’s 4, men’s 4, men’s 3/4, and men’s 1/2/3 races. Everybody’s going to try and be on point, but it’ll be struggle to recover from Jason Ray’s wedding the night before! Congrats, Jason and Alissa!